Tuesday 31 March 2009

Jenson's Melbourne Diary



It is clear from the audio that Jenson is on top of the world and so he should be. There have been interesting comments around today about the preformance of the Brawn GP car. About Kubica's threat in the fianl laps of the race, Jenson said "I actually wasn't worried,".

Talking aboiut those final laps he said "I knew when I came out in front of Vettel that I would be fine as I knew that we could look after the tyre. The thing with the last stint was not to push and try and see what was the best time I could do. I was purposely driving very slowly, I wasn't turning in aggressively to any corners.

"I think I could have been in the mid 1m28s but we were taking an easy route to stop the graining because as soon as that graining starts you see what happens as Vettel lost a massive amount of time behind me"

"I was able to just plough on doing my mid 1m29s when he was in the 1m30s, so I wasn't worried once I was out in front of Vettel and I knew we could bring it home from there."

This has got others around the paddock suggesting that the Brawn car is even quicker than it showed to be "I think they are playing with us" was Vettel's response.

"It was a very mature drive from Jenson, driving as fast as he needed to," said Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug."They could have pushed more in my view but they are smart guys."

Ferrari's Stefano Domencali agreed with Haug's assessment of Brawn. "In normal circumstances without any safety cars, they would have flown away," he said.

No comments:

 

Brawn GP Fans © 2008 using D'Bluez Theme Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez Based on FREEmium theme