Monday 30 March 2009

How Awesome Was That? Brawn GP Kick Off With a Win

I have to say I do get a little sentimental sometimes. It is, perhaps, something that a petrol head should not admit in public, but yesterday sure put a lump in my throat.

The fact is that Rubens, Jenson, Ross and Nick are probably some of the most likeable characters in F1. For them to be waking up today with a one-two in their pockets and a sponsor like Branson bagged, must be a dream come true.

Unsually for F1, everybody seems to be happy about the team being on the up, at least for now. Yes I know there are grumbles down the pit lane about the diffuser but I do get the impression that everyone was pulling for Ross and the team... Makes a change from legal cases and bitching every season, doesn't it?

The opening race was, in my opinion, a classic. When was the last time we saw the underdogs slapping the big boy about? Jenson's drive was perfection, even though he admitted a few mistakes at the press conference and, considering Ross Brawn had warned that the pit crew were 'a little out of practice', I didn't spot a mistake in the pit lane by the Brawn GP guys..

Awesome...

The Trulli incident was a bit odd... seemed obvious to me that he had broke the rules.. couldn't understand why he was on the podium... what do you think?

Anyway, onwards and upwards to Malaysia next week.... looks like this season is going to be fun.....

No comments:

 

Brawn GP Fans © 2008 using D'Bluez Theme Designed by Ipiet Supported by Tadpole's Notez Based on FREEmium theme